Monday, June 25, 2012

About Me

So who am I.. Well to know me you would have to know a little bit about my past and what I have gone through in my life.  I am 36 years old and I was overweight up until recently.  The weight started stacking up when I first got divorced about 7 years ago.  I took my divorce really hard and started drinking and eating a whole lot.  Before I know it I had gained 40 lbs and didn't even know it.  One day I looked in the mirror and decided that I was not going to let my love for food and drink take over my health.  At my heaviest I was at 235 lbs which isn't a whole lot but it made me feel horrible.  I was always out of energy, ate all the time and was depressed.  I now weigh 190 lbs and I am still losing weight I have all of the energy I .  My goal is to be at 180 lbs within the next 60 days and hopefully gain some lean muscle in the process of losing this weight. 

So what have I done so far to lose this weight you ask...
About 6 months ago I started my journey to be a better me.  I read some self help books talked to a few friends and just decided that life is all about what you make of it.  I am now a strong believer that you manifest your own destiny meaning that if you think lemons you are gonna get lemons but if you think good things then you are gonna get good things in life!!!  I started eating better and not really drinking as much although I still enjoy going out and having a few drinks with my good friends :) but who doesn't.  I started working out and well the journey was in front of me.  I pictured myself back at 180 lbs I also pictured myself with a much more tone body like I used to have back in the young days.  About a month ago I also found a new product and challenge that I had to be a part of because of what it was, what it stood for, and what I could do to help others to be healthier.  What challenge you ask... well I started on the Body By Vi 90-Day Challenge. This challenge has been amazing for me!  Not only did it help me lose some more weight but it helped motivate me to help others lose weight also.  I asked several of my friends to join me on my journey and they did.  My goal with this blog is to let you know what I am doing to lose weight.  To give you options to do on your own and weather you have 5 hours a day or just 5 minutes to get you motivated to lose some weight and be healthy!!!  So who ever is out there and ready to join the challenge with me let me know and I will do everything I can to help you along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment